Become an equity expert with Capdesk’s essential guide to cap tables
Our end-to-end cap table guide covers all the fundamentals of managing equity in a growing business. Learn how to distribute equity among founders and investors, use share options to attract talented employees and avoid messy exits when your business is acquired or goes public.
Whether you’re a first-time founder or a CFO scaling up after Series A, you’ll find definitive answers to your questions in our guide, including:
- How should I distribute equity when forming a new company?
- What’s the difference between a pre-money and post-money valuation?
- How should I structure my company’s option pool?
- What’s the best way to give employees equity?
- When should a company raise money on a convertible note?
- What terms should I negotiate during fundraising?
- What happens when my company is acquired?